10th Annual Women's Gathering
Benefiting the Spiritual Care Program - Total net more than $41,000 this year!!
Wow! What an amazing event this year's Women's Gathering turned out to be! Here are just a few things that made this day so special:
- The sense of unity among friends old and new was evident throughout the event.
VIEW THE PHOTO GALLERY to see for yourself!
- This event was sold out for the third year in a row. This is a testament as to how much each one of us is doing to bring mental health to the forefront within our circle of friends.
- There was not a dry eye in the room after hearing Trudy and Meggi Lampen's story. The bravery Meggi had shown when her trauma first became public and Trudy's shock as a mother resonated in our hearts. Sue McKenzie did an amazing job helping us understand the detrimental effects of stigma throughout the recovery process.
- Hearing about Meggi's spiritual journey through all phases of recovery was enlightening, as her trauma caused her to question her faith in the midst of depression. The patience Trudy demonstrated in helping Meggi rediscover her spirituality reminded us all of the power of God's grace.
- Everybody received a scarf to serve as a conversation piece and a magnet to remind us of the steps to combat stigma.
- The sea of lime green as you gazed out into the audience was incredible! It was a wonderful outward demonstration of our support of mental health and awareness.
- The Teddy Bear table was piled high with generous donations of stuffed animals to comfort children during their stay at Rogers.
- Overall, the event raised more than $41,000 in support of Spiritual Care at Rogers.
SAVE THE DATE
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
"It's Not Easy Being Green" Raffle
- Marc Jacobs purse and Valentino sunglasses - Amy Taylor-Diamond
- Original oil painting on canvas by Marilee Shepard - Lisa Jorgensen
- Chocolate pearls with an agate pendant - Kim Ebinger
- DKNY purse, scarf and umbrella - Barbara Patterson
- Pampered Chef basket - Corrine Dow Gundrum
- Shaklee products - Sheila Webber
- Gourmet popcorn basket and UPAF vouchers - Lynn Crain
- Cabi clothing and necklace - Jeannie Lauret
- Handmade flower arrangement - Rhonda Ehlers
- Gardening supplies - Susie Gebhardt
- Stilettos in Green print - Lydia Mladenovic
- Stella & Dot Travel Companion and earrings - Eileen Thompson
Mental Health Prayer
May I seek to understand paths of recovery,
May my beliefs be based on hope and equity, and
May my actions demonstrate inclusion and support
for all facing mental health challenges.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Dr. Tracey Cornella-Carlson
MSI General Corporation
Professional Consultants, Inc.
Thank You to our Women's Gathering Committee
Lisa Blazek │ Rebecca Chipman │ Christine Culver │ Molly Fritz │ Tamara Hauck │ Lisa Jorgensen │ Sherri Kasdorf │ Kelly Frank Kemnitz │ Jill Schmidt │ April Schultz